I have a show coming up in June that I am trying to get some paintings ready for. I have been wanting to use some of the photos I took last April of my irises. So I finally started on a pair of new 10" x 10" paintings today. Above is the first painting. I am going to work on it some more tomorrow. I am not totally happy with the dark purple areas. I will probably work on the background also. I don't know if the light green works with this iris' color.
Well, I decided to go light blue on the background of the pink iris. I ordered more canvases of this size and will be doing at least two more for this series. I will most likely sell them together as a set. I like the look of these two so far. I think I will probably do a yellow iris with a pink background and a white or purple/lavender iris with a yellow background. It should make for a nice set hopefully.
UPDATE: I got the canvases in this week! I am 99% finished with the paintings. I will set them up in my living room and look at them for a few days to be sure there isn't anything else I want to change. I find that if I "live" with a painting for a few days I can usually pinpoint any changes I want to make. I really like the way these are turning out.
UPDATE: I did make some new changes. I wanted to bring out some deeper color in the blue iris. I also lightened the purple/pink iris and added some highlights to the lavender iris. The yellow iris got the most new work done. I added a lot more detail to the upper petals portion. I think I'm really finished this time.
Post a Comment