May 20, 2010

Huge Sunset Moth Painting


I love this moth.  It's like painting a rainbow...just so pretty.  I started on it today.  I will take lots of progress pics since it is so huge (36" x 36").
 
I worked on it some more and added the stripes and dots.  I noticed that the spots are not identical on each side like other butterflies.  


  
 I did some more work on this today.  I am hoping to finish it today so I can bring it to the show tomorrow.  Gotta love acrylics.  If this were oil I wouldn't be able to move it for weeks.

4 comments:

  1. It's really a rainbow of colors. I like it. As being a synesthesian artist I live a life in colors. Synesthesia means that I see colors when I see words and numbers.I transform this in paintings of names and birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful painting. I love the muliticolor effect.

    ReplyDelete